Gordo
Gordo

inscrit le 19/01/10
3 messages
Bonjour d'Australie! My French is limited to a few words, and using an online translator. Please forgive my ignorance! My wife and I are visiting Paris early in May, from 10 to 17th May. While my wife is shopping, I'd love to link up with some local riders, and either borrow or hire a good bike (not a rough thrashed hire wreck), and do some challenging riding. If possible, it would be good to ride within an hour or so from Paris. In return I'd be pleased to return the favour to anyone who helps me, should you visit Brisbane, Australia. Cheers, Gordon.
Awesome
Awesome
Statut : Confirmé
inscrit le 27/12/09
9354 messages
Stations : 3 avisMatos : 5 avis
Hey guy ! Nice to see some people from Australia posting in our forum, that's not every day ! I'm sure some guyz from Paris will help you. But If you have more than an hour, maybe you could visit the famous local trail called "Cheptain Dirt Camp" ! I'm on the french riviera so that's a bit far to come with you there. I hope you'll enjoy this French trip ! Bye !
Pollock
Pollock

inscrit le 08/07/09
140 messages
Hi Gordo ! I'm sorry, my english is not very good. You should have a look at /forum/ile-de-france--vf36 to find some spots near Paris. I hope you'll find somebody to ride with and that you'll enjoy your stay.
Quentos
Quentos

inscrit le 10/02/07
1401 messages
Matos : 5 avis
Hi Gordon, I've never heard of a renting agency for decent bikes arround Paris it's mostly something you can find in the French Alps. In paris Shops sometimes lend test bikes for their regular customers but that's all I know. Many questions in order to help you : -Where will you be staying in Paris ? Downtown, in a hotel ? -Will you have a car or someone to drive you to the riding spots ? -What kind of bike are you looking for (all mountain, XC, Downhill ?) -How tall are you (in cm) or what bike size do you ride S, M, L, XL ? Manys forests close to Paris, I hope i'll be able to help you. /Quentin
Gordo
Gordo

inscrit le 19/01/10
3 messages

:) Thanks for all your replies. Quentin, to answer some of your questions... We will be staying in Paris (not precisely sure where yet) but in "3eme Arrangement" if that makes sense. Close to the heart of Paris. No car. Surely I could use trains to get close to the start of a ride? At home I ride a Santa Cruz Superlight (2005), probably large - I'm 175cms. I'm happy to pay for the hire of a bike, either from a shop or a private person. I'm reasonably fit, having just raced with a friend in this event... in2adventure.com.au and completed 6 laps of an 11km course. I'm excited about perhaps riding with some local people! Whilst Paris is beautiful, and amazing, I love being in forest / countryside.

Quentos
Quentos

inscrit le 10/02/07
1401 messages
Matos : 5 avis
Cool The "3eme Arrangement" might be "3eme arrondissement" = 3rd district. It's right in the center of the city and about 30 mins subway from the starting point. I'll be in paris at that time, and it will be a pleasure to be your guide for a day. I can borrow a bike to a friend of mine, the bike is either a Lapierre zesty 516, or a Specialized pitch fairly light bikes with arround 150 mm of travel rear and front. (don't worry everything is free). I'll organize a trip but only in weekends (saturday 15 or sunday 16 of may) if you want to ride with us we'll do a 45kms cool ride from western Paris to Versailles. Trip starts in Boulogne then parc de saint cloud, then foret de versailles, and parc du Cheteau de Versailles, maybe a bit of foret de Marly with another parc then coming back to paris the other way. Think to bring your pedals and shoes if you're riding non-flats pedals. We can pursue this conversation by email : qtiburce (at)gmail(dot)com Quentin
Gordo
Gordo

inscrit le 19/01/10
3 messages
Quentin, THANKS / MERCI BEAUCOUP. Though we didn't get to ride, it was great to meet you, and to have some inside knowledge about Paris, and Versailles. Looking forward to returning your hospitality when you come to Australia.
Modo
26in.fr
26in.fr [Modo]
Statut : Confirmé
inscrit le 19/12/08
69K messages
Stations : 35 avisMatos : 3 avis
Cette discussion est fermée car elle n'a pas enregistré de nouvelles contributions depuis plus de 6 mois.

Si vous souhaitez intervenir sur cette thématique, nous vous invitons à ouvrir un nouveau sujet sur le même thème.

cordialement

L'équipe de 26in